2014 "Festival of Flowers" Block of the Month
Fiesta de Flores
New Block of the Month for 2014 is called Fiesta de Flores,
or Festival of Flowers.
It is inspired by tiles made in the Spanish Revival style manufactured mostly in California in the 1920-30's.
FREE BLOCK 8: Heart Flower
Block 8: Click here to download the free block.
This block is free for the month of August
BLOCK 7: Castile
Block 7: July 2014
Click here to purchase Block 7
BLOCK 6: Infinity
Block 6: June 2014
Click here to purchase Block 6
BLOCK 5: Talavera Tile
Block 5: May 2014
Click here to purchase Block 5
BLOCK 4: Laurel Leaves
Block 4 - April 2014
Click here to purchase Block 4
BLOCK 3: Mission Arches
Block 3 - March 2014
Click here to purchase Block 3
BLOCK 2: Splash
Block 2 - February 2014
Click here to purchase Block 2
BLOCK 1: Green Feathers
Block 1 January 2014
Click here to purchase Block 1
Subscribe to my newsletter to get another free Bonus Block each month and the setting (sashing and border) instructions.
Here is how the Block of the Month program will work:
1. Each month I will post a free block on my blog for 30 days. You may download and print out the block pattern for your personal use only. Any other use requires permission. If your friends want the block you are welcome to direct them to my blog to download a copy. You may NOT share your copy with them.
2. After 30 days a new block will be posted and the previous block will be available for purchase for $3.50 on my website: http://morningglorydesigns.com.
3. Subscribers to my newsletter will receive a BONUS BLOCK each month in the newsletter. It is available only to subscribers and only for 30 days. After 30 days the link will be closed and block removed. Bonus blocks will NOT be offered for sale. Newsletters will be sent out on the first of the month and the 15th of the month.
4. Email requests for past or current blocks OR issues of the newsletter will not be honored. I still have a day job, and there is not enough time for me to field the dozens of requests I get for FREE blocks. Sorry about that, but this is the only way I am able to continue to offer a free BOM every year. Please do not share your bonus blocks. Your friends may subscribe to my newsletter and get their own copy. Your guild may not use this as their block of the month without permission. I will be happy to provide your guild with print-ready instructions, if requested, for a modest fee. Contact me for more information.
5. Please update your browser to the newest version (I prefer Chrome) to ensure a successful download from BOX.com. You do not need an account to download the block PDF file. If you are asked to create an account it means the link is expired. Internet Explorer often has issues with BOX.com so I do not recommend using it. I am not a computer expert and I don't know what dastardly deeds have been done to your computer. If you have trouble with the download there are three possible reasons: (1) operator error, (2) browser not updated or functioning correctly, (3) expired link. If a link is not functioning properly, believe me, I will hear about it!!!
6. Only subscribers will receive the sashing, border and finishing instructions. These will not be posted on my blog. They will be mixed in throughout the course of the program, not at the end, so that you can start working on them between blocks. When all 12 blocks have been completed, the entire pattern will be offered for sale on my website. If you miss an issue with setting or finishing instructions, see rule #4.