Quilt Nebraska 2018
July 26 - 29
If you are in the Midwest in July, consider attending Quilt Nebraska,
the annual show for the Nebraska State Quilt Guild. I will be teaching several of my most popular classes.
July 27, 2018 - Merry Go Round Class by Reeze Hanson
- Kit Fee $25 (includes: Sizzlin’ Sixties by Anka’s Treasures, by Heather Mulder Peterson (pattern book) and From Marti Michell™ Small 60° Triangle Ruler)
|Merry Go Round Quilt|
Make a fabulous pieced hexagon quilt using a jelly roll. You will learn a simple strip-piecing technique, rotary cutting with a 60° triangle ruler, and super easy construction techniques. The project makes a great throw or crib size quilt. Use 2 jelly rolls for a larger project.
Benefits of Class:
• Hexagon quilts are popular but piecing can be tricky. This quilt has NO set in seams and is easy and fast to make.
• Strip piecing and rotary cutting with triangle ruler are techniques you can apply to lots of other projects.
• Jelly rolls are fun and fabulous, and this is a great project to use one or two of them.
• In class, learn to do design placement, bias binding, and how to bind inny & outy points
• 1 full size jelly roll (40 strips).
• Basic sewing supplies: fabric scissors, paper scissors, pins, seam ripper, thread, thimble, pencil and paper
• Rotary cutter and (rotating) mat
• Small 6” x 12” acrylic ruler
• Portable design wall: flannel-back table cloth or piece of thin batting to arrange hexagons
July 28, 2018 - Color Confidence For Quilters - Reeze Hanson - Class Fee $20
Color confidence is produced when you combine knowledge about
color, fabric trends, and your personal preferences to the art of
quilting. A very different color class which will train your eye and
lighten your heart. You will learn color theory as it applies to fabric
and how to combine colors to get beautiful quilts.
• 24 - 3” squares of fabric from your stash that you love, a picture
from a magazine with colors that you love.